Job Purpose and Background
One Housing Group owns over 17,000 properties across London, the South East and Home Counties and require a Senior Project Manager who has previous exposure working in a Housing and Asset Management environment, or a related area and a track record of successfully delivering effective IT solutions to time, cost and quality, in an ever-changing business environment.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading project managers and teams to deliver project(s) that span across one or more business units. Manage resources, schedules, and financials and adhere to stage gate quality and SDLC control guidelines throughout the full systems development life cycle. This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
The Project Manager has the authority to run the project on a day-to-day basis. The Project manager will verify that the project produces the required deliverables of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost and to achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case.
Principle Outputs and Responsibilities
- Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives/product delivery that span one or multiple lines of business
- Liaise with IT Management to project manage IT Technical Services projects, including the formation and management of project teams (including 3rd parties and contractors where necessary), assembly and management of project budgets and overall project management to deliver systems solutions.
- Manage project and program issues and risks to mitigate impact to baseline
- Provide weekly progress reports to the Project Board, PMO and other senior stakeholders
- Manage all other project communications and reporting
- Create and manage the implementation plan
- Manage and coordinate all activities by the business including finance, communications, key revenue making teams and IT teams as well as external suppliers/consultants
- Task manage the Project Team
- Effectively manage risks, issues and dependencies
- Create and maintain all project documentation according to PRINCE2 and OHG PMO standards
- Establish and manage the project’s procedures and controls
- Manage the production of the project’s products
- Advise the Project Board of any deviations
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Extensive understanding of project and program management principles, methods and techniques
- Previous experience of implementing both Infrastructure and software projects
- Good high level technical understanding of IT infrastructure, networking, databases, applications and systems integration.
- Results-focused: able to set high work standards for self and demonstrate drive to meet targets.
- Customer-orientated: desire and willingness to address the needs of residents and project team members, continually seeking to improve quality and standards of excellence
- Solid track record of successful IT implementation project delivery within cost, time, quality, scope, risk and benefit constraints
- Ability to create Project Management documentation, tools and reports; such as Business cases, GANNT charts, PIDs, Dashboard reports and RAID logs
- Continue professional development in order to keep abreast of emerging technologies, methods and best practices
- Previous experience of IT implementations involving integrations with multiple systems
- Previous experience of IT implementations involving multiple external IT suppliers
- Experience of successful business change management
- Ability to influence and motivate managers and staff across the business and external suppliers to ensure project milestones and objectives are met
- Excellent planning, communication and stakeholder management skills
- High levels of the following key competencies:
- Time management
- People management
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Conflict management
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience of industry tools and technologies
- Practical understanding of applying different Project Management methodologies and controls; Waterfall, Agile, Iterative etc,
- Some exposure of working in a commercially focused housing/asset management environment
- Professional Qualifications and Membership
- Project Management qualification, eg PRINCE2, PMI
- Comply fully with One Housing policies and procures including the standing orders and financial regulations.
- Comply with the Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy
- Comply with the data protection act (all employees will not disclose or make use of for their private advantage any information held on record which is not available to the public)
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as required