Whybridge Infant School
Ford Lane, Rainham, Essex
Tel: 01708 551712
Hours: 23 hours a week, 38 weeks per year
Grade: Grade 1/2, Scale Points 1- 5
Actual Salary: £11,035 - £11,851 p.a.
To Start: ASAP
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic, hardworking Teaching Assistant to support teaching and learning across the curriculum and who strives to give children the best start in life
The role will involve:
- Assisting teachers to perform their role effectively; by preparing resources and learning environments, as well as completing minor administrative and other tasks as directed
- Supporting pupils in their learning; in class settings as well as on a small group and individual basis across the infant phase (EYFS and KS1)
- Guiding and caring for pupils as necessary ,such as helping with their personal organisation, accidents, appropriately managing their expectations and behaviour, and by committing to their general wellbeing and the school’s safeguarding arrangements
The successful candidate will:
- Show experience of supporting pupils and assisting the delivery of effective teaching and interventions at Key Stage 1 and EYFS, including phonics programmes
- Demonstrate excellent classroom practice with high standards and expectations for teaching, learning and behaviour
- Demonstrate working effectively within a team, under the direction of teachers and leaders
- Reference with examples their ability to engage positively with all stakeholders, especially pupils, their families and other practitioners/ staff
- Be willing to participate fully in all aspects of school life and provide past examples of this
- Be flexible and adaptable, calm under pressure, able to think on their feet and use their initiative, with a common sense approach to a range of situations
- Be of a patient disposition, kind natured, well humoured, and with an even temperament that young children can relate to, find approachable and feel secure around
- Be motivated, passionate and reflective in their work
- Hold a Teaching Assistant NVQ3 or an equivalent/ higher qualification
- Hold/ be willing to undertake up-to date first aid training
- Be committed to continuing professional development and education in general.
We can provide:
- A small family-feel atmosphere
- A well-resourced, well-maintained environment
- Well behaved and engaging children
- Colleagues who are friendly, motivated, dedicated and collaborative
- Supportive management
- Free access to a professional 24/7 employee assistance programme (to support your wellbeing)
- Access to an onsite lunch ordering service
- Training for the role
- PPE and work clothing as necessary
- Pay, terms and conditions in line with national guidance and union negotiated minimum standards (including the lengthy school holidays at home)
- Occasional additional opportunities such as overtime, extra duties, training
- A school graded ‘good’ by Ofsted.
Staff agree that this is an enjoyable school to work in and we look forward to receiving your application soon. Good luck!
Visits to the school at this time are not possible due to the current pandemic restrictions and risk assessments, however phone calls are warmly welcomed if you have questions about the role and we strongly recommend visiting the school website to find out more about us.
Please apply using the online application form at jobs go public. CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date: 12 midday on Friday 29th January 2021
Interviews: 1st and 2nd February 2021
Interviews will most likely take place over zoom and you will need to have the facilities to be able to do this. More information can be found on the school website:
We regret that we can only contact those applicants who will be granted an interview due to volume of applications. If you do not hear from us before the interview date please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Please visit the school website for full details on all the checks and vetting procedures we undertake on successful candidates before employing them.