Housing Infrastructure Fund Programme Manager
Salary: MM2 £48,078 to £81,497 - This salary includes a £20,000 market factor supplement
(market supplements are reviewed annually)
X1 full time (36 hours) Permanent post
There is no better time to join the Meridian Water team here at Enfield.
Our delivery approach to this £7 billion, 85-hectare regeneration site is without precedent. The Council has taken control and will act as Master Developer for the site to develop 10,000 homes and 6000 jobs. 37 hectares of land have been acquired, planning obtained, and the developer selected for the first 1,200 homes. Our new rail station opened in June 2019 and a planning application has been approved for the next 2,300 homes. We have an extensive meanwhile programme which last year saw us hosting the Field Day festival and currently has the ‘Drive In’ cinema experience on site.
We require an experienced Programme Manager to lead the £170m Housing Infrastructure Fund programme of work. The successful candidate will own our relationship with central government and oversee the two key workstreams the grant will deliver; A £50m Rail improvement programme and a £120m site infrastructure works programme. It will require a high degree of technical expertise and excellent stakeholder relationship skills managing consultants, contractors, colleagues and funders.
We are the first London borough to enter into such an agreement and this a key appointment in our growing team.
You will have had experience managing large scale projects and programmes, possibly as a project management consultant or client side. The role requires a broad range of skills from budget control to construction logistics, with the aptitude to be flexible and adapt priorities in line with changing circumstances and need. You will need to have strong commercial control and reporting experience associated with a project of this size.
We work at a fast pace, with a dynamic and a diverse team. If you have the right combination of skills and ambition and want to be part of one the country’s largest regeneration projects this is the place to be.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
2. Your CV which includes your full work history since leaving full time education.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: Midnight 11th February 2021
interview dates: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Oluyemisi Morgan-Raiwe on 020 8132 0840 or John Reid on 0208 148 4414 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Elizabeth Anastasi on 0208 132 1615 or email@example.com.