St Mary’s Catholic Primary School
Station Road, Chingford, London, E4 7BJ
Tel: 020 8529 4723
Foundation and KS1 Lead/SENDco
Required for April 2021 or September 2021
Number on Roll 218
The Governors of St Mary’s wish to appoint a strong and creative leader who will embrace future challenges and opportunities and inspire all of our staff and pupil to realise their potential to join our inclusive and friendly school. The candidate must be a practising, committed Catholic who will ensure that the faithful ethos of our school is nurtured and celebrated and remains firmly at the heart of all that we do.
The desire to lead and develop whole school initiatives and to continue to build on our successful achievements is an intrinsic part of the role. We are also seeking someone with integrity, drive, determination and high expectations for all our children along with empathy and an understanding of the specific needs of our diverse school.
Our successful candidate will:
- Be firmly committed to promoting and enhancing the Catholic ethos of the school;
- Be someone with integrity, drive and determination, but also has empathy and understanding of the needs of our diverse school;
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner with proven pupil attainment;
- Have proven, recent senior management and leadership experience in a school;
- Be a positive role model with the ability to support and mentor all staff;
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills along with ambition, flexibility, good humour and a positive ‘can do’ attitude;
- Ideally possess the NPQH qualification or be willing to undertake this.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity be part of a team of highly committed, professional teachers and support staff in a school which has an excellent academic record as well as a tradition as a caring community;
- Children who have a positive attitude to learning;
- Supportive parents and Governors who work together;
- Opportunities for further professional development, including NPQH, to support the development of the skills, knowledge and behaviours that you need to be a high-performing Deputy Headteacher
- A comprehensive staff well-being and support package.
Further details and an application form are available on our website
Visits are strongly recommended: please call Miss Watson on 0208 529 4723 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your visit. Please visit our website to view our virtual tour.
St Mary’s is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children. To ensure that this is achieved we expect all our employees to share this commitment and staff will be recruited in with the safer recruitment policy and practice. The successful candidate will be subject to enhanced DBS checks.
Closing Date: 29 January 2021 (12 noon)
Interview Date: 9 & 10 February 2021