Qualified early years educator
Level 3 childcare and early education or equivalent
Sheringham Nursery School
London E12 5PB
0208 553 2479
Do you want to make a real difference to the lives of young children?
Sheringham is a highly successful Newham Nursery School, rated Outstanding by Ofsted. We have a happy and vibrant working environment. We are lead the East London Research School and we offer excellent opportunities for your continuing professional development. We have been open running well for children throughout the year, with enhanced safety measures.
We are recruiting for a full-time early years educator.
- Are you a well-qualified early years practitioner with enthusiasm, energy and commitment to high quality early years education?
- Do you have a sound understanding of child development and the Early Years Foundation Stage, and a strong commitment to children learning through play, inside and outdoors?
- Are you positive about working in partnership with families in our diverse, multi-lingual community?
- Can you promote the inclusion of children with special educational needs and disabilities?
You must have a level 3 qualification in childcare and early education (or equivalent), with successful EYFS experience in a school or setting. You might be experienced or a new qualified.
- be skilled at listening to children and having conversations with them
- love playing with children and spending time outdoors with them in all weathers
- be able to promote children’s learning through our broad curriculum
- be skilled and confident in working with parents
We can offer you a wonderful and well-resourced environment for learning inside and outdoors. We are a strong, experienced, hard-working and friendly staff team.
From our exit interviews, we know that staff who have worked at Sheringham Nursery School rated their experience as 5 stars (out of a maximum of five). 100% of staff said they had the support and guidance they needed to do their jobs well.
“I loved the staff and the community. I am so grateful for the exceptional level of training I was given. I could not have asked for better mentors.”
(former member of staff).
You are very welcome to phone the headteacher (Julian Grenier) for an informal discussion on 020 8553 2479 or email email@example.com
Before you apply, please ensure that you are available for interview on Friday 11th December on Zoom. Please tell us if you might experience any barriers to taking part and we will make any reasonable adaptation.
Please complete a full application form including two referees and a statement about how you meet the requirements of the post. No CVs and no agencies.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will undergo an enhanced DBS check.
- Deadline for applications: 6th December 2020
- Shortlisting: w/c 7th December 2020
- Interviews: Friday 11th December online