Financial Reporting Adviser
1x Full time, Fixed Term Contract until 28 May 2021
Salary: London £31,054 per annum / Homebased £28,397 per annum
Location: London/Home based
Are you interested in joining an organisation playing a vital role in the democratic process. Now is a really exciting time to be joining the Electoral Commission with a number of significant elections due to take place in 2021. We have an opening for a Financial Reporting Adviser to join the Regulation Directorate.
You will be assisting with the logging and publishing of statutory returns and analysing this information for compliance with political party and election legislation. You will also be working on the delivery of proactive and reactive advice to political parties and other campaigners in relation to political finance. Advising on reporting deadlines and statutory reports ensuring these are submitted to the Commission on time.
- Experience of using excellent written and verbal communication skills to provide information to the public authoritatively
- Experience of working with financial data in a regulatory environment and dealing with potential issues and areas of non-compliance
- Intermediate level of IT skills including MS Excel, Word, and Outlook, and experience of maintaining databases to a high level of accuracy
- Strong ability to manage workloads independently and prioritise competing deadlines
- Having a high level of attention to detail when completing work and solving complex problems
- Having a strong commitment to delivering results and improving existing processes within a team.
To discover more about the role please view the job description and person specification on our website.
The closing date for applications is at 11.59 pm on 13 December 2020
Interviews will be held on week commencing 4 January 2021.
We will be using video conferencing tools for the interviews. We will confirm details with shortlisted candidates.
We would like to continuously increase the diversity of our employees. Applications from B.A.M.E. candidates are particularly welcomed.