New Homes Development Team Leader
We strongly believe that a secure and affordable place to call home is key to helping people achieve their potential and enjoy a good quality of life - but we know that the shortage of genuinely affordable housing in our densely populated borough is a real concern for many local people.
That is why we are building safe and secure, high quality, energy efficient new homes that our residents need and are proud to live in.
We are expanding our team to increase our capacity to deliver even more genuinely affordable new homes in Islington.
We are looking for an experienced Development Team Leader to deliver results and drive our development teams to success. You will have a good understanding of development processes, project management practices, regulations, sustainability and community and engagement techniques. You will be an excellent communicator with a good track record of successful engagement.
You will have a good knowledge of construction and safety responsibilities as well experience of successfully managing a development team.
As New Homes Development Team Leader you will:
- Manage a team of Principal Project Managers, Project Managers and Development Officers to deliver a portfolio of complex new build projects with a value in the region of £750m.
- Use your extensive development knowledge, skills and experience to manage a client team to deliver projects on time and on budget, ensure new housing schemes are financially viable, achieve value for money and meets the council’s high-quality standards.
- Drive the delivery and manage performance of your development team.
- Ensure that your project teams have all the necessary skills and experience to deliver new homes.
- Help identify, assess, develop new initiatives and appraise new models of delivering affordable homes in the borough.
- Support the Heads of Service and the Director of Housing on service policy & strategy development.
- Ensure development is monitored effectively and individual projects funded by the Council or the GLA are managed in accordance with the Council’s strategic planning and housing policies.
Come and join our dedicated New Build Team and help us deliver the biggest council home building scheme in Islington for a generation.
A full Job Description and Personal Specification can be found in the recruitment pack.