Role: Teaching Assistant
Salary: Scale 3, point 7-10: £22,292 - £23,471 per annum (Pro Rata £18,841 - £19,838)
Required: December 2020 (Subject to notice period)
Contract: Permanent, Term Time only
Hours: 36 Hours per week (08:20am – 4:20pm)
Location: London Borough of Lewisham, London
Are you looking for a job, which can fit around school working hours and holidays? Are you interested in supporting the next generation to be successful individuals and helping them to ‘let their light shine?’ If so then this could be the perfect role for you! Here at St Matthew Academy we are at an exciting time on our journey to becoming a great school. The recent Ofsted inspection (Autumn 2019) judged the Academy to be ‘Good’ across all areas and recognised the improvements made in all aspects.
We seek to appoint a positive and energetic Teaching Assistant to join our Primary phase. This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact on the quality of teaching and learning across the Academy. The Teaching Assistant is responsible to the Head of Primary for supporting pupils within classrooms, supporting the class teacher and supporting the work of the Academy. This role offers an exciting prospect for a candidate to take full advantage of the unique opportunities that our all-through Academy brings.
The successful candidate will be in sympathy with our Catholic ethos, passionate about enabling every child to exceed expectation, well organised and able to support teaching. Candidates who have extremely high expectations for themselves, pupils and staff; engage pupils with their enthusiasm for learning and keen to take a full and active role in the life of the school are strongly encouraged to apply.
What does the role involve?
The main aim is to support our teachers to deliver high quality learning experiences for all of our pupils and enabling their Light to Shine. Daily tasks will include:
- Assisting pupils with their educational and social development on an individual and group basis
- Liaising with the class teacher and SENDco and contributing to individual plans for pupils
- Carrying out group and individual interventions
- Liaising with support agencies
- Fantastic pupils with enormous potential
- Staff who are supportive to each other and enjoy working collaboratively
- Personalised programme of professional development and coaching for all staff
- A modern building, in a delightful setting and excellent resources
- Excellent public transport and road links across London and Kent
- Fully equipped gym and fitness suite, Season Ticket Loan, Cycle-to-work scheme, Tech Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme
- A strong commitment to staff well-being
Our school motto is ‘let you light shine’ and we ensure that we live this vision every day.