Additional salary information:
This post attracts an additional JNC financial benefit of £2,724 per annum, pro-rata
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the All Age Disability Service as we look to appoint a Service Manager to lead this specialist area that spans both Children's and Adult's social work. The work is complex and challenging but very rewarding. It covers all areas of practice ,including CIN, Safeguarding, Child Protection, LAC, child and adult court proceedings, adult safeguarding, Court of Protection and DoLs. We are dedicated to high quality relationship-based social work, and strengths and evidence-based practice that is outcome focused and is fair and proportionate to the individual's needs and circumstances.
We are looking for an outstanding service manager who will lead, inspire, motivate and support teams to achieve the best possible outcomes for the children, young people, adults and families the service supports.
We are seeking a skilled and enthusiastic service manager who will have the professional potential and personal attributes that our service needs. We are looking for an individual with an interest and background in the field of disability who wants to be supported o flourish within this specialist area. As an experienced manager you will provide support and guidance to your managers and social work teams regarding both children and adult practice and in meeting statutory guidelines and requirements. You will have a strong social work background in children's and/or transition services, and it is essential you have an understanding of the need to meet statutory requirements in both areas.
The All Age Disability Service was established in 2018 and sits within the Adult Social Care Service but is closely linked to Children's Services which have been rated Good by Ofsted for over a decade.
We have established good links with Children's QA services and continue to strive to improve practice, performance, and ensure the delivery quality services in a time of budgetary constraints.
We have a well embedded practice framework, underpinned by the principles of empowerment, supporting individual's to reach their potential, maximising independence, community engagement, and participation. We make extensive use of systemic and strength-base practices and benefit from a Clinical Practitioner within the service.
As a service manager choosing Southwark you will benefit from;
- Dedicated clinical advice and support, including reflective developmental support, targeted specialist interventions from systemic practitioners and psychologists, and advice and support from specialist staff, including Child Exploitation Coordinator, Court Case Manager, Professional Educations.
- Small teams and caseloads
- dedicated administrative support for the service
- a competitive salary, good pension scheme and a range of flexible work options
- annual leave starting at 33 days, rising up to 36 days with continuous service
- ongoing training and career development opportunities, including the accredited Foundation Level in Systemic Practice for all our managers, as well as encouragement to undertake the ILM leadership courses accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management. We also offer a wide range of training for practice development and supervision, restorative practice, secure based, and attachment or trauma informed practice. Southwark also has a professional Qualifications Scheme to access sponsorship for a wide range f bespoke CPD.
Staff benefits include
- a cycle to work scheme, season-ticket loans, eye care, gym membership
- An extensive range of excellent community services to support your team's work with families, in a borough committed to 'Keeping Families Strong' and a 'Fairer Future' for all.
Please contact Head of Service Kerry Rabey at Kerry.Rabey@southwark.gov.uk if you have any questions or would like to arrange an informal chat about the role.
Closing date: 6th December 2020.
Shortlisting date: 9th December 2020.
Interviews and Assessments: week commencing 14th December 2020.
To apply please click here https://jobs.southwark.gov.uk/jobs/service-manager-all-age-disability-0-25--sc03958
(COVID-19) - information for job applicants:
Southwark Council are following the most recent Government guidelines surrounding Corona virus. During this period, we still look forward to receiving your application and if successful, we will be conducting interviews remotely via video link. Details will be confirmed via email, if successful.