Grade 7/8- £35, 751 to £44,790 plus £4000 Market Supplement
Children’s Social Care in Havering is a fast improving service, innovating within the sector and has a clear vision what are positive outcomes for children, young people and families and how we achieve them. Following our OFSTED inspection, Children’s Services achieved a Good rating, and we continue on an upward journey to deliver an outstanding service to children and families.
Develop your social care career in systemic practice and join this innovative teaching borough within Havering. We support all our social workers to deliver a face to face relationship based practice where you are able to provide evidenced based interventions to children and families in our community.
Havering is investing in Children’s Services by ensuring all social workers have access to innovative resources and receive free accredited systemic training. By joining Havering you will also have access to case consultations from our in-house Clinical Team to enable you to confidently deliver quality practice. Our senior management team are accessible to our workforce and we actively encourage and facilitate high support and high challenge through co-production in the service.
Head offices are centrally located in Romford Town centre, only 18 minutes from London Liverpool Street Station. Romford is in the hub of the Havering; our centralised bus system enables easy transports links across the entire borough.
We offer onsite subsidised car parking, easily accessible within the M25, A12, A406 and A127. In addition to the benefits available specifically to social care staff, you also have access to the benefits available to staff from our corporate package.
Our offer to you;
- High level of management support
- Access to accredited systemic practice across the whole workforce within the Social Care Department. This is delivered in partnership with the Institute of Family Therapy.
- Manageable caseloads
- Leading innovation, with two DfE funded Innovation Programmes focused on trying new ideas and changing how we work
- ‘Obsessions’ where we focus on particular areas to strengthen them with our current focus on Assessments
- Partnerships to develop a DfE funded Teaching Partnership across East London
- Dedicated Social Care Academy which defines the support and training offer to all social care staff
- Flexible working arrangements, allowing employees the opportunity to establish a way of working that suits the service and your needs
- Smart Working equipment supplied to all as standard.
For more information, to see how our services are setup and to see our vision, please visit www.socialworkhavering.com/childrens.
About the Job
Social Worker – ISS
The successful applicant will:
- Contribute to the delivery of an effective children’s social care service as part of a social work team, improving outcomes for children and young people. Manage caseloads dependent upon experience, grade of post and complexity of cases, utilising specialist knowledge for appropriate interventions, needs and assessments, care planning and child protection investigations.
- Carry out high quality assessments, using child-centred, community focused, and multi-agency interventions to bring about positive change through developing effective relationships and to secure the best outcomes for children and young people.
- Ensure children and young people are adequately protected in line with Havering LSCB and departmental policy and procedures and relevant legislation
- Substantial experience as a Social Worker (e.g. minimum 3 years), including child protection work.
- Experience of preparing detailed reports for child protection conferences, Courts, Panels, senior managers and Members.
- Experience of working with children and families including complex assessments and statutory work.
- Experience of direct working with children and adults from vulnerable groups.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary interagency basis and ability to negotiate on behalf of service users.
- Significant experience of court work.
- Substantial (e.g. minimum of 3 years) post qualification experience in a statutory setting.
- CQSW or CSS or DipSW.
- Evidence of post qualification study.
- Recent post qualification training in working with children & families and child protection e.g. PQ Child Care Award; AMP; Achieving Best Evidence.
- Practice teaching award or a willingness to undertake this training.
- Current HCPC registration
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Havering Redeployees.
The London Borough of Havering is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check will be required for any position with access to these groups under the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
In addition, the Authority reserves the right to request employees undertake a basic disclosure check (Disclosure Scotland) where required for the role this includes anyone who has access to (or information obtained directly from) a government database, or has a GCSX account. These posts will be required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland check as per the requirements of BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standards).
The London Borough of Havering is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
The closing date for the receipt of applications 30th November 2020 is however interest in this job may be high and we therefore reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
You will be notified if your application has been successful. Interviews are scheduled for soon after 9th December 2020.
Should you require any help or advice with your online application, please contact the Recruitment Help Desk on: 01708 432770
Havering children’s social care virtual recruitment evening
Thinking about working for Havering Children’s Services, but want to find out more information before making your decision? Why not come along to our virtual recruitment evening on Tuesday 24 November 6pm – 8pm. Book your place here.
Please View Social Worker Job profile here