Education Place Planning Commissioner
£48,819 - £51,837 pa
Grade - PO7
This is a key role to ensure that Newham Council strategically plans and commissions sufficient educational places to meet its statutory responsibilities for children and young people; including in mainstream education and specialist provision for those with complex special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
1. The main responsibilities of the role are to:
· Strategically plan and ensure sufficient educational places, both in mainstream education and for those with complex special educational needs and disabilities, identifying innovative solutions to complex problems, working across directorates and with external partners including headteachers.
· Commission the necessary capital projects to ensure sufficiency, whether they be delivered in house via Asset Management, through partners or via government agencies.
· Provide advice to the CYPS/Education and Skills senior management team to ensure a strong link between sufficiency and promoting school improvement and efficient school organisation and admissions.
· Provide advice to Mayor and Cabinet, Directors and Heads of Service on all matters relating to the above, including proposals for change, associated risks and financing options.
2. The post holder reports to the Head of Education Access and Infrastructure. There are no line management responsibilities. The post holder will have commissioning oversight of the Basic Needs budget but will not directly manage it.
3. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring high influence with key stakeholders including other departments of the council (internal and external, the Education Funding Agency, maintained schools and academies, alternative provisions, special schools, early years settings and colleges)
For more information and to discuss the role please contact Peter Gibb, Head of Service for Education Access and Infrastructure – firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date 27.11.20
Please view Education Place Planning Commissioner jd
The London Borough of Newham is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Newham Redeployees.
The London Borough of Newham is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check will be required for any position with access to these groups under the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
In addition, the Authority reserves the right to request employees undertake a basic disclosure check (Disclosure Scotland) where required for the role this includes anyone who has access to (or information obtained directly from) a government database, or has a GCSX account. These posts will be required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland check as per the requirements of BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standards).
Please attach your supporting statement, explaining in no more than x2 A4 sides why and how you meet the criteria for this role.