TEMPORARY CONTRACT FROM DECEMBER 2020 TO APRIL 2021
Monday – Friday (full time 35 hours per week), Term-time 39 weeks per year
This position will be 50% Sports Coach at Salary Scale 4 pt 7-10
And 50% Teaching Assistant at Scale 3 pt 5-6
Total full time pro rata salary per annum - £18,946.72 to £19,644.95 (depending on experience and qualifications)
Roman Road Primary School is looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and hardworking individual to fulfil the role of Sports Coach/Teaching Assistant. We are looking for someone who is forward-thinking, dynamic and shares our dedication to giving our children the best start in life. Our children come from a richly diverse community which fully supports our aims and practices.
Roman Road Primary School is a modern, innovative well resourced school, teaching a vibrant and creative curriculum with a focus on the creative arts. We have been judged to be a good school by Ofsted (December 2017).
The successful candidate will:
- be enthusiastic, hard-working and committed to providing a varied and full P.E. curriculum offer to our children
- hold a recognised NGB level 2 coaching certificate and/or PE specialist Qualification (Degree, AfPE approved qualification) and have experience working within a Primary School environment. A current Child protection & First Aid certification is also highly desirable.
- have experience of advancing pupils’ learning in a range of sporting activities
- have high expectations of the behaviour of children
- hold a minimum Level 3 qualification in a sport related discipline / coaching role
- facilitate extra-curricular sporting opportunities for pupils including running clubs and teams and entering into competitions both within and outside of the school
- be professional, courteous and positive
The school will offer:
- an opportunity to work in a positive and happy environment
- support and any training that the successful candidate wishes to undertake
We welcome informal visits from prospective applicants for a tour of the school.
Please contact Bharti Mistry, School Business Manager on 0207 476 1602 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general enquires please call 020 7476 1602
Closing date: Tuesday 17th November 2020 Interviews: date tbc
Roman Road Primary school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check. A disqualification declaration questionnaire maybe required for this post.
NPW, managing recruitment on behalf of Newham Schools