TEMPORARY CONTRACT FROM DECEMBER 2020 TO APRIL 2021
Monday – Friday (full time 35 hours per week), Term-time 39 weeks per year
This position will be 50% Sports Coach at Salary Scale 4 pt 7-10
And 50% Teaching Assistant at Scale 3 pt 5-6
Total full time pro rata salary per annum - £18,946.72 to £19,644.95 (depending on experience and qualifications)
Roman Road Primary School is looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and hardworking individual to fulfil the role of Sports Coach/Teaching Assistant. We are looking for someone who is forward-thinking, dynamic and shares our dedication to giving our children the best start in life. Our children come from a richly diverse community which fully supports our aims and practices.
Roman Road Primary School is a modern, innovative well resourced school, teaching a vibrant and creative curriculum with a focus on the creative arts. We have been judged to be a good school by Ofsted (December 2017).
The successful candidate will:
- be enthusiastic, hard-working and committed to providing a varied and full P.E. curriculum offer to our children
- hold a recognised NGB level 2 coaching certificate and/or PE specialist Qualification (Degree, AfPE approved qualification) and have experience working within a Primary School environment. A current Child protection & First Aid certification is also highly desirable.
- have experience of advancing pupils’ learning in a range of sporting activities
- have high expectations of the behaviour of children
- hold a minimum Level 3 qualification in a sport related discipline / coaching role
- facilitate extra-curricular sporting opportunities for pupils including running clubs and teams and entering into competitions both within and outside of the school
- be professional, courteous and positive
The school will offer:
- an opportunity to work in a positive and happy environment
- support and any training that the successful candidate wishes to undertake
We welcome informal visits from prospective applicants for a tour of the school.
Please contact Bharti Mistry, School Business Manager on 0207 476 1602 or email: email@example.com.
For general enquires please call 020 7476 1602
Closing date: Tuesday 17th November 2020 Interviews: date tbc
Roman Road Primary school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check. A disqualification declaration questionnaire maybe required for this post.
NPW, managing recruitment on behalf of Newham Schools
How to Apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 7427 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.