London Borough of Enfield
Senior Environmental Health Officer (Food Safety) - Part Time - 18 hours per week
Salary (Scale PO1) £34,884 - £37,722
(The advertised salary is for full time work, the salary for part time will be calculated on a pro-rata basis).
We are seeking to recruit a competent and experienced Environmental Health Officer, specialising in food hygiene and food standards. This is a challenging opportunity for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to join the Consumer Protection Team.
Reporting to a Principal Environmental Health Officer you will be expected to undertake a range of duties relating to food hygiene; food standards; health and safety and infectious disease control. Recent experience and knowledge of food safety/standards legislation is essential.
You must have excellent communication skills; ability to work using your own initiative and also be able to work well as part of a team, contributing to overall service delivery.
You will need to have a flexible approach to work and able to manage a demanding workload of complaints, inspections and formal action.
For this post you must have a Degree in Environmental Health or equivalent and Certificate of Registration of the Environmental Health Officers Registration Board (EHORB) and have significant experience.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: 23:59 23rd November 2020
Interview date(s): TBC
For an informal discussion please call Esther Hughes (07958 627760) or Claire Tomaso ( 020 8132 0685)
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Vickie McGrath on 0208 132 1053 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.