Teaching Assistant Level 1
Salary: Scale 03-06 dependant on experience
Employer: The Genesis Education Trust
Location: St Saviour’s Walthamstow
Contract Type: Term Time Only
Contract Term: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Closing date: 6th November 2020
Observations & Interviews: TBC
Our forward-looking school is searching for a talented and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant with experience of dealing with children within a primary school setting to support our pupils’ learning. The role will involve supporting children with additional needs. The successful candidate will be both supporting and teaching students within the classroom environment. This could be individually or in a small group setting and will occasionally cover a whole class.
The successful candidate will join a creative, vibrant and supportive team of leaders and colleagues with excellent educational standards.
Do you have:
- TA qualification
- Commitments to helping all pupils reach their full potential.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other professionals.
- Ability to initiate exciting and engaging ways to teach pupil’s in small group setting.
- An understanding of how to set high standards and aspirations as well as the commitment to maintaining these.
- Able to think creatively and practically when trying to achieve an objective.
- Ability to work using own initiative.
- Good English, Mathematics and ICT skills
- Experience of working within an education setting
We can offer:
- Enthusiastic, well-behaved pupils who are eager to learn
- Bespoke training programmes
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Hardworking, motivated and positive colleagues
You will need to support the Christian ethos of the schools.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening, including checks with past employers and the DBS. References will be taken up before interviews are offered.
Early application is encouraged as we review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert earlier than the stated deadline.
Alison Brown, St Saviour’s CofE Primary School, Verulam Avenue, London E17 8ER
Tel: 020 8520 0612 Email:Alison.firstname.lastname@example.org