Supply Chain Specialist – Corporate
Salary range £45,834k – £48,819k
An additional market supplement of £5000 may be available
London Borough of Waltham Forest & London Borough of Redbridge
The London Borough of Waltham Forest is an ambitious local authority - proud to be named the MJ Council of the Year 2019 and the first London Borough of Culture 2019. We are bold in our approach to big issues - radically transforming our borough to tackle climate change and delivering the world’s first citizens’ assembly on hate crime. We are committed to investing in staff through family-friendly policies and challenging ourselves to improve the employee experience for everyone that works here.
The borough has excellent transport connections and represents the best of both worlds in London; the City 10 minutes to the South and the Epping Forest 10 minutes to the North. Good schools, great parks, vibrant culture, regeneration and local entrepreneurs make Waltham Forest a community that people want to call home.
The London Borough of Redbridge is changing and is among some of the fastest-growing parts of the country and the third most diverse London Borough. Our communities are attracted by a mixture of excellent schools, relatively cheap housing, high-quality open spaces and rapid transport connections into the heart of the City. Our population is getting both younger and older - driving increased demand in both adults and children's services. A growing population has placed huge pressure on a housing stock built for a different era. The pace of change is phenomenal.
The successful candidate will be employed by Waltham Forest Council which offers excellent benefits in addition to a highly competitive salary. These include;
- 28 days paid leave rising to 31 days after 5 years’ service
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working
- Family-Friendly Policies
- Season ticket/travel loan
- Under current Covid 19 restrictions, all staff who are able to work from home are still being encouraged to do so, however, arrangements to be office-based can be made for staff whose project or domestic circumstances require this.
Full details are included in the attached Staff Benefits document.
The Procurement Department has gone through a recent transformation change, with recently appointed positions within the leadership team.
Procurement Department & The Role
The Procurement team is CIPS accredited for Procurement Excellence and provides high quality, professional support as part of a shared service to the London Boroughs of Waltham Forest and the London Borough of Redbridge, who between them have a combined capital project pipeline in excess of £800m. These projects cover regeneration, housing, education and civic infrastructure and reflect a new level of impetus and investment in both Councils.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Supply Chain Specialist who will report into the Head of Category for Corporate and Place.
The Corporate & Place category supports the following areas;
- Facilities Management (Hard and Soft) – (Cleaning, Waste, Mechanical and Electrical Maintenance)
- Highways & Street Lighting
- IT & Digital (Software and Hardware)
- Interim & Permanent Recruitment
- Corporate Services (Legal, Consultancy, Tax, Audit, Insurance)
- Fleet & Travel
This is a key role that works closely with senior managers and suppliers to lead, develop, deliver and manage the supply chain that supports the Corporate & Place category. The scope of the role includes but is not limited to:
- Lead and develop appropriate strategies for services within your portfolio.
- Management and monitoring of contracts and supplier performance to ensure value and quality of delivery.
- Provide innovative procurement solutions to deliver high profile projects on time and on budget as a key member of multiple project delivery teams.
- Provide strategic advice to leadership, identify opportunities and plan supply chain activities.
- Work closely with managers and colleagues in, Housing, Property, Legal and Finance across both Councils.
- The role will require presence across the two Councils that the team currently support, and these will be at various sites across Waltham Forest and Redbridge.
Outstanding project delivery depends on our people and our ability to secure excellent services, support and works from great suppliers. If you have the ambition, then this is the opportunity to join a successful and growing team, to make a real operational and strategic impact and help to deliver the strategic ambitions of the Council. You will receive support and development in your role to enable you to achieve your best and be part of a team with new leadership that is ambitious for success.
For more information please contact: email@example.com
Advert to go live: Monday 26th October 2020
Closing date for applications: 5pm 6th November 2020
Candidates advised if progressing to interview: w/c 9th November
Interview dates: w/c 16th November 2020