We are looking to recruit a new School Site Manager to oversee the cleaning team, and take responsibility for the health and safety and general maintenance of our school to a high standard. The successful candidate would ideally have a background in premises management, be able to act on their own initiative and work independently and as part of a large team. They must be flexible, approachable, optimistic and able to manage their work within the demands of a busy and challenging school environment.
The post holder will be required to live on site for the better performance of his/her duties.
Paid weeks per year: 52
Start date: 1st January 2021 or as soon after
About the role
Elm Grove is a thriving primary school with a dedicated and professional staff. We have an excellent reputation for our inclusive practices and are proud of the positive ethos and good relationships that exist in our school. The successful candidate would be expected to make strong contributions towards this important aspect of the school's community.
The successful applicant will:
- Hold the relevant qualifications or comparable experience relevant to the role
- Have a good working knowledge of buildings maintenance in a range of areas e.g. plumbing, decorating, carpentry, basic electrics etc
- Be able to undertake regular and daily works in and around the school site including a maintenance/ painting programme during school holidays
- Observe and carry out Health & Safety requirements and comply with procedures relating to Safeguarding, confidentiality & data protection
- Have a thorough knowledge of COSHH procedure and generic risk assessments
- Be able to manage and supervise the cleaning contract as part of their regular duties
- Have an appropriate level of English, Maths and ICT skills to enable them to provide and maintain exemplary records and documentation e.g Fire Risk Assessment and Premises checklists
- Carry out regular checks on the school mini-bus, periodically clean the exteriors and interiors and ensure it is serviced regularly
- Carry out regular statutory inspections and testing of services, fire alarm, water management etc
- Keeping the site and grounds to a high standard, ensuring they are clear from litter and graffiti at all times
- Assist with the review of facilities procedures and suggest areas for improvement
- Management of contractors on site
- Be contactable by the main school at all times whilst on duty
- Carry out cleaning duties as required
- Check and refill consumables such as soap and toilet rolls as required
- Develop and nurture positive relationships with staff, pupils and our extended community
- Be flexible and accommodating to meet the changing needs of the school
The school is able to offer socially distanced visits to the school by appointment only. Alternatively, you can view more information about the school on our website.
Further information and an application pack can be obtained from the School Office or by e-mail email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 13th November 2020
Interview date: Tuesday 24th November 2020 – These may be held virtually via Microsoft Teams due to Covid 19 restrictions.
If you do not hear from us by Thursday 19th November, please assume that you have not been shortlisted for interview.
Elm Grove Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a DBS check.
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Elm Grove, Brighton, BN2 3ES, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Office: (01273) 708004
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.