£32,430 - £39,774pa
Newham is a vibrant inner-city borough with excellent transport links to the rest of London and South-East England, including Kent, Essex, Surrey and Middlesex. Proud to be home to one of the youngest and most diverse cultures across the country; 72% of the borough’s population are from BAME communities, contributing to 220 languages being spoken in the area.
About the role
We are looking for a dynamic, experienced auditor ready to take responsibility as a senior member of the team. You will play a key role in ensuring there is an embedded and robust control environment. You will:
· Manage your own time and resources proactively, to ensure delivery of your own projects, promptly identifying issues and risks and providing solutions and recommendations in a timely manner
· Undertake complex bespoke assignments, special investigations, consultancy exercises, value for money and other specialist audits
· Be responsible for the delivery of a portfolio of audits, working on more than one project at a time across all Council services, to budget and quality standards and in accordance with Public Sector Internal Audit Standards
· Deliver clear and accurate reports that meet the Council’s requirements and carry out activities to ensure that agreed management actions are completed.
· Take responsibility for ensuring that the audit team’s audit work and audit procedures are clearly documented and that supporting working papers and files are maintained to specified standard
With a new leadership team and a collective ethos of improvement, we want to forge a new path at Newham. You’ll introduce more robust planning, help manage or mitigate risk – and help us invest further in our resident-centric services.
Successful applicants will be studying for, or have achieved, an audit related professional qualification (outlined on the JD).
Closing Date: 15th November 2020
Please view Auditor JD
The London Borough of Newham is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Newham Redeployees.
The London Borough of Newham is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check will be required for any position with access to these groups under the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
In addition, the Authority reserves the right to request employees undertake a basic disclosure check (Disclosure Scotland) where required for the role this includes anyone who has access to (or information obtained directly from) a government database, or has a GCSX account. These posts will be required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland check as per the requirements of BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standards).