Programme Delivery Manager (Fixed Term)
£42,681 - £45,585 pa
The London Borough of Newham is committed to putting young people at the heart of everything we do. The Mayor and Members have agreed amazing plans to make Newham the best place for Children and Young people. As part of this ambitious plan there is the expansion of the youth engagement services, focus on children’s health, early help and keeping our children safe.
To support this work we are looking for two experienced individuals in Programme Management who share our passion and imagination to advance this. Working with our Corporate Director, Children and Young People’s Commissioner, the Mayor, Members and other key stakeholders you will help us advance and deliver this change.
About the Job
You will be responsible for:
· A high level of partnership delivery and influencing across systems and delivering system change
· The delivery of a comprehensive programme of service transformation as part of the Youth Safety Board
· Working directly with Corporate Directors, Service Directors, Service Managers (from across the Council) for the delivery of transformational change through the Youth Safety and related agendas.
· Leading on the effective implementation of the cross-directorate and cross partnership Youth Safety agenda
· Leading on commissioning, actual delivery and stretch across Newham
· Supporting the Youth Safety Board and other partnership boards in improving the effective co-ordination and delivery of services to ensure that Newham is the best place for children and young people in the country.
Newham’s Youth Service has excellent opportunities for people who have a successful track record and experience of working with young people. In addition, we are particularly looking for an individual who has the following experience:
· Comprehensive understanding of current policy issues in relation to Youth Safety
· Extensive knowledge of what works in youth safety
· Extensive knowledge of a systemic whole systems approach to dealing with social policy issues
· Extensive knowledge of service redesign an transformation
· Extensive knowledge of partnership working in a local government context
Whilst the specific skills and experience set out within the person specification for this role are important to us, what is even more important is your attitude, your passion, your drive and your commitment to making a positive difference to Newham’s young people. We also welcome secondments to this role.
The London Borough of Newham is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Newham Redeployees.
The London Borough of Newham is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check will be required for any position with access to these groups under the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
In addition, the Authority reserves the right to request employees undertake a basic disclosure check (Disclosure Scotland) where required for the role this includes anyone who has access to (or information obtained directly from) a government database, or has a GCSX account. These posts will be required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland check as per the requirements of BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standards).
Please view Programme Delivery Manager (Fixed Term) JD