Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
In line with the new Children's Safeguarding Arrangements, we are busy implementing the new changes and now recruiting an experienced Social Worker to take on the role of Practice Review Manager.
As a Practice Learning & Review Manager, you will provide professional leadership and demonstrate exemplary practice to maximise learning from practice in respect of the help, protection and care of children and vulnerable adults. You will manage a caseload of audit and quality assurance tasks, identify areas for development and contribute to Safeguarding Learning Events to improve practice.
You will be an experienced and innovative Social Worker with a passion for safeguarding, putting our residents first and driving continuous service improvements.
You will have an extensive knowledge of either Children's Social Care or Adults Social Care, or both.
You will have the ability to chair complex professional meetings and the confidence to constructively challenge practice and influence multi-agency activity, using data and findings to influence a variety of audiences and drive improvement.
Experience of developing practice within your own and partner agencies is also essential.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five year's service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.