Notting Hill Genesis are an established company based in London providing 24-hour Domiciliary Care, 7 days a week to those in need in our local community.
We pride ourselves on our reputation to provide consistent, reliable and proactive carers who provide person-centred support, high-quality care and assistance to people in their own homes.
In a recent survey conducted, 98% of our staff believe that we live by our organisational values. They help guide our colleagues, inform their behaviours and influence the decisions they take every day.
At NHG we are passionate about our staff and take pride in nurturing our own talent. As part of our commitment to our staff development, we have an internal programme designed for DCOs/Care Workers to develop their skills and confidence to help them progress to more senior roles.
We’re a diverse/flexible/friendly organisation and people joining us in this position have gone on to a variety of roles, from positions such as Care Coordinator, Support Assistant, Housing Officer and Sheltered Housing Officer.
We are looking for motivated, outgoing and caring people with a natural desire to help others to join our care services and support our vulnerable customers during this difficult time.
We currently have Permanent and Bank (zero-hours contract) positions available for *FEMALE* Domiciliary Care Officers/Care Workers at our schemes in the following postcodes: W6, W12, NW10, NW8, N1, SW4, SW9, SE6, SE16 and SE27.
** Exemption is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9 **
- Right to work in the UK
- Good written and spoken the English language
- Ability to work collectively in a team/individually
- Reliable and Trustworthy
- Have a caring and nurturing personality
- NVQ L2 in Health and Social Care/Willing to work towards one
Rates of pay
£9.18 - £10.85 per hour (£17,667 - £20,876 per annum for 37 hours per week or pro-rata for Part-Time roles)
About the Role
- Assisting customers with their physical and social needs, ensuring all emotional and physical needs are met
- Provide medication to customers following NHG’s Medication Policy
- Assist customers in cleaning their homes
- Assist customers to shop, cook and prepare food (some customers may also require assistance with eating)
- Assist male and female customers with their personal care such as washing, bathing, toilet and dressing
- Follow NHG’s policies for good practice in these areas (e.g. Moving and Handling, Basic Food Hygiene, customer finances, etc.)
What we can offer
- Guaranteed contracted hours for permanent staff
- Regular hours offered in advance for bank staff
- Choose to work local to you and give yourself less time travelling
- Promotion- opportunity to grow from within the business
- 28 days paid holiday (Bank Staff-Accrued Holiday)
- Store discounts/vouchers
- All-round continuous support from senior staff/team
- Regular comprehensive training provided/paid for
- Benefits from “our refer a friend” scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Paid DBS Check
We are looking for candidates who are keen to attend training and join Notting Hill Genesis in due course.
If you have compassion, energy and enjoy helping people, we'd like to hear from you!