Head of Capital Projects
Redbridge is an ambitious, diverse and exciting east-London borough. What we do is driven by changing our relationship with local people to support our vision. As a result, we've developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council.
We're one of the fastest growing parts of the country and the third most diverse London borough. Our communities are attracted by a mixture of excellent schools, relatively affordable housing, high-quality open space and rapid transport connections into the heart of the City.
We are clear that regeneration is about much more than just bricks and mortar. It is the manifestation and animation of all of the communities and cultures that exist within our boundaries. Critical to its success is ensuring that the developments that do come forward contribute positively to existing communities, are of the highest quality and support our wider efforts to create great places to live. And that’s where you come in.
The Head of Capital Projects will be at the heart of delivering the Council’s ambitious regeneration programme, joining a successful management team and working collaboratively with colleagues in the Regeneration, Property and Planning Directorate and across the council. You will lead a growing team of project managers delivering some of our most exciting projects including:
- Regeneration projects across the borough including major highway and public realm improvements in Ilford Town Centre which are a critical component of the broader repurposing of our main town centre;
- An ambitious affordable housing programme targeting the development of 1,000 homes for local families on our waiting list or in temporary accommodation;
- The delivery of private housing through our wholly owned housing company – Redbridge Living – which has gained consent on its first schemes delivering 500 new homes and has a pipeline of 2,500 more;
- Commercial developments supporting wider regeneration ambitions on our own significant asset base;
- The roll out of our Community Hubs programme which seeks to transform our estate and, with it, our relationship with communities in Redbridge; and
- The school building and maintenance programmes seeking to support the continued high standard of attainment across Redbridge.
The Head of Capital is a strategic role which will work with peers, senior colleagues and external partners/stakeholders across various disciplines to successfully deliver the council’s capital programme. You will be operationally responsible for the work of your team and will be expected to support them to provide assurance that individual projects are delivered to programme, on budget and to the very highest quality.
There is no prerequisite to be a qualified professional to be a success in this role but you will need to be able to demonstrate a strong track record in the management and delivery of capital programmes/projects and an ability to credibly lead a team working on multiple high-priority schemes which enjoy a high profile among local residents and members.
Redbridge has worked hard to build a high performing senior management team and to promote an inclusive and collaborative culture. You will be encouraged to be yourself and to have a voice in shaping the conversation. You will take responsibility for supporting your team to perform to their highest potential, ensuring that there is a strong development culture and supporting clear talent management and succession planning strategies.
The deadline for submissions is Monday 26th October 2020
Interviews: w/c 9th November 2020
Applications must include:
- Full contact details
- Names, positions, organizations and contact details for 2 referees (we will ask your permission before contacting referees)
- Notification of any dates when you are not available
For more information or to discuss this role in more detail please contact:
Matthew Essex: Corporate Director for Regeneration and Culture on 07966 225 096 or via email email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit www.redbridge.gov.uk
Ambitious for Redbridge