Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. We moved to a new landmark building in April 2019 located in Hounslow town centre, and our new technology has enabled staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance.
About The Team
A vacancy has arisen for a Leasehold Officer in our very busy Leasehold Services team.
- General leasehold management including: the enforcement of lease breaches; lease extensions; alteration requests; enfranchisement; supporting housing teams and providing general advice to the Council on leasehold matters.
- This includes managing a varied caseload of major works projects including: Section 20 consultation for response repair and programmed works across the borough affecting leaseholders; producing estimates and final accounts for these schemes; engaging with customers; responding to observations and associated challenges.
- Assist teams with service charge queries, income collections, manage escalated disputes including court appearances, and oversea and manage leaseholder complaints.
- Being an enthusiastic and well organised, self-motivated team member who can prioritise/manage own workload within a pressurised environment in a calm manner in order to provide a quality service to colleagues and customers.
- Have a positive attitude and excellent inter-personal skills, be an approachable and supportive person of integrity when dealing successfully with both internal and external stakeholders.
Essential for the role
- Knowledge and experience of leasehold managment, consultation and service charge legislation
- Possess excellent keyboard/ICT skills with knowledge of housing management systems, Microsoft including mailmerge, Outlook and financial systems and ability to adapt to various types of ICT system.
- Have experience in managing various types of projects taking ownership of tasks.
- Have outstanding communication and advocacy skills, with the ability to problem solve and deal effectively with customers.
- Have a full UK driving licence and preferably use of a vehicle.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the employee specification.
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To view Hounslow Employee Benefits, click HERE.
Interviews will be held during week commencing: 2/11/20
Closing date: 26/10/20