39 Weeks a year
Are you a Unit Chef or Cook ready to make the next move in your career or a new exciting role?
We are looking to recruit 3 Lead Chefs’, these are new posts within the Enfield Catering Service.
Are you a self-motivated individual who is energised by delivering excellent service to Enfield schools, and comply with the Governments School Food Standards?
Passionate about training and supporting colleagues to produce the best food they can?
Then this is the role for you!
Support with training and developing Unit Chef Managers within a group of schools.
Work across sites to improve quality, production, food presentation and customer service.
The Successful Candidate:
Passion for food and customer service
Thrive in taking on challenges with a positive, solutions focused approach
A positive, can-do attitude
Motivator of people
hold a level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate and be willing to maintain a Level 3 with the support from Enfield Catering
hold a full driving licence and have use of a car
Successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. 2. your CV which includes your full work history since leaving full time education.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: 23:59 Monday 12th October 2020 (We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.)
Interview date(s): TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
The salary advertised is for full time work, the positions offered are part time and term time, actual salary will be adjusted proportionately.
The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for this post
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Vickie McGrath on 0208 132 1053 or Vickie.email@example.com.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.