Nelmes Primary School
Essex RM11 3BX
Telephone: 01708 447676
Head Teacher: Kirsten Cooper
Lead Teacher for Additionally Resourced Provision for Primary aged ASD/Social communication needs
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Teachers Main Scale/Upper Scale + TLR2b
We have an exciting opportunity to lead in the development and establishment of our brand new Additionally Resourced Provision for 12 non-verbal ASD pupils. The purpose of the provision is to provide bespoke support for pupils and provide opportunities for the children to access the mainstream curriculum as appropriate.
We are seeking to employ an experienced primary teacher with expertise in supporting pupils, with a range of additional needs, particularly ASD and social communication difficulties. The ARP lead will manage and lead a team of learning support staff and share; support, advice and strong SEND knowledge. The lead will liaise with the senior leadership team and establish the ARP to ensure it becomes integral to the provision of the whole school.
This Position requires the candidate to;
- Hold QTS and have experience in teaching the primary age range and children with significant SENDs.
- Be confident in using your knowledge of current theory and practice in teaching and learning, and SEND
- Be ready to utilise the benefits of a curriculum that is innovative and flexible in terms of delivery and content: this is likely to include designing a bespoke curriculum that meets the needs of a variety of learners
- Be engaged with both the schools and provision’s ethos, thinking creatively and reflectively within an open and honest team, whilst keeping the needs of the pupils firmly at the centre
- Be able to develop positive relationships with pupils to ensure our children are the best they can be
- Play a full part in the life of the school and is committed to working in partnership with staff, parents and governors.
Nelmes is an Outstanding school and can offer you:
- a kind, caring, warm and friendly school with happy, and motivated children;
- a well-resourced brand new teaching environment adjacent to our mainstream school
- continuing professional development opportunities within and outside of school and an experienced team to offer advice and support
- an opportunity to be part of a strong and dedicated staff team who are committed to high standards and creating an inclusive learning environment for all children.
Visits to the provision are welcome and we would welcome applications from experienced teachers with SEND expertise and knowledge in the areas of ASD and social communication needs.
Please apply online.
Closing date: Friday 9th October 2020
Interviews held in week beginning 19th October 2020
We are firmly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment.