Locations: St John’s Walham Green School, SW6
Salary Scale: Scale 4, Spine Point 18 (£12.59 per hour)
Working Week/Hours: Term time only, 3.15pm – 6.00pm, Monday to Friday, (13.75 hours per week)
Start Date: ASAP
We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated Playworker to be part of our wraparound service providing high quality childcare and play opportunities to the pupils at St John’s Walham Green Primary School. You will be required to support the work of the Senior Playworker in developing and delivering a stimulating, child-centered play and activity programme.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
Demonstrate a commitment to working with children and to providing equality of opportunity.
- Create an exciting, stimulating and safe environment for our pupils.
- Work within a small team ensuring the high standards of care for all pupils.
- Demonstrate good English, numeracy and IT skills.
- Relate well and communicate effectively at all levels with other staff members, parents and pupils.
Qualifications and Skills:
- At least 1 years’ experience of working with children in a play-work environment.
- Play work qualification (NVQ Level 2) or working towards completion.
- First aid and food hygiene certificate would be an advantage.
Please download an application pack from our website: http://www.stjohnsce.lbhf.sch.uk/about/vacancies.php
Please read the Job Description and Personal Specifications for full details of this role.
St John’s Walham Green CE Primary School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
An enhanced Disbarring Service (DBS) disclosure will be requested for the successful candidate in accordance with Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education legislation.
Closing Date: 30th October 2020
Interviews: w/c 9th November 2020