HACTON PRIMARY SCHOOL
Essex RM12 6AU
Tel: 01708 443991
Headteacher: Mrs Emily Leslie
2015 OFSTED ‘Outstanding in all areas”
Communication Support Worker
Salary: Unqualified Teacher Pay Spine Point 1-2
£21,004 - £23,061 depending on experience (Inclusive of Outer London Weighting)
Required as soon as possible
Initially this post is for a period of ONE YEAR on a FIXED TERM contract
Hacton Primary School is an oversubscribed and successful three form entry primary school, with its own 60 place Nursery and a Hearing Impaired Unit.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Communication Support Worker to join our friendly, supportive and hardworking school, who is willing to commit to the whole school ethos and contribute to the whole school community. This includes school trips and after school clubs.
This post is based within Hacton Primary School’s Provision for Hearing Impaired Children. You will provide our young people access to an outstanding education and a wide range of enrichment experiences and be responsible for facilitating the integration of hearing impaired children in the mainstream classroom and on the playground/field. In addition, you will be able to, under the supervision of a Teacher of the Deaf, plan and lead intervention sessions within the Provision.
We are looking for someone who possesses the following:
- BSL Level 3 as a minimum
- At least NVQ Level 2 in Supporting Learning and Teaching in Schools
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiasm and adaptability
- Commitment to meeting the needs of a wide range of children
- Ability to use their own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Flexibility on a day-to-day basis
- GCSE English and Maths Grade C or above (grade 4 or above) are required.
This specialist will have excellent English skills and will preferably be a qualified communication support worker to fully support children who communicate orally in addition to those who use BSL.
Hacton Primary School will offer you:
- Enthusiastic, well-motivated pupils who are eager to learn;
- Supportive and friendly staff;
- An opportunity to join an ambitious Multi Academy Trust;
- Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development through the Empower Teaching School;
- Flexible working opportunities;
- Non-contributory access to an Employee Assistance Programme to include 24-hour telephone access to a GP, counselling service and a legal helpline; and
- Cycle to work scheme.
Deadline for applications:
Please forward your completed application to Mrs Debbie Grix at email@example.com by 4pm on 8th October 2020. However, due to the high response expected for this vacancy we reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have a suitable pool of candidates, which could be prior to the closing date. Interviews will take place week commencing 19th October 2020.
For further information or an informal visit to the school please contact Mrs Grix on 01708-730244
Hacton Primary School is committed to safer recruitment so all applicants must be prepared to undergo screening to confirm their suitability to work with children.
Hacton Primary School is an Equal Opportunities employer.