Redbridge is an ambitious, diverse and exciting east-London borough. What we do is driven by changing our relationship with local people to support our vision. As a result, we've developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council.
We're one of the fastest growing parts of the country and the third most diverse London borough. Our communities are attracted by a mixture of excellent schools, relatively affordable housing, high-quality open space and rapid transport connections into the heart of the City.
This is an exciting time to be working for the London Borough of Redbridge a new management team we are renewing the way we work to create an innovative council and a thriving borough.
The Strategy Directorate is at the heart of our vision for change. Bringing together strategy, transformation, data analysis and communications, we combine our skills to help the borough solve its most complex problems. Members of our team use data and analysis to support tackling challenges that range from recruiting social workers to redesigning our work brokerage service, from reducing homelessness to regenerating our town centers.
We are currently seeking an exceptional individual to fill this important role.
The role will be in the Business Intelligence Team as part of the Strategy Directorate and is responsible for providing data analysis across a range of Departments for the Council. You will be working alongside service areas using a range of data tools and business intelligence solutions to deliver statutory and non-statutory data analysis.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be at the heart of change and develop a wide range of skills working with a range of business intelligence systems.
About the Role
The main duties of the role will be to:
- Develop dashboards and data models using Power BI to analyse and present data.
- Responsibility for developing new lines of enquiry that inform and enable financial change opportunities across directorates.
- Taking a leading role in delivering project work as directed by Senior Business Intelligence Analysts or Head of Service.
- Play an integral role in supporting the design and production of evidence based research and analysis
- To take a pivotal role in providing Intelligence support to internal committees/Cabinet including Health Scrutiny, Portfolio Holders, Management Board and Senior Management teams
- Manipulate, analyse and interpret complex data, identifying key findings and action or improvements that are needed as a result
- Use project management methodology and tools and lead projects to carry out high level analysis of strategic trends and insight and produce analytical reports as required corporately or as commissioned by services to provide the basis for informed decision making
- Maintain working up-to-date knowledge of statutory responsibility for national data responses/returns and management/oversight of external validation processes;
- Providing expert support and guidance to services on data handling, data management, interpretation and analysis, data sharing protocols and statistical techniques
For further information about the job role contact: email@example.com