Whybridge Infant School
Tel: 01708 551712
Headteacher: Miss S K Longhurst
Hours: 6.25 hours per week / 38 weeks per year
Grade: Grade 1/2 points 1-5
Actual Salary: £2,919 - £3,135 p.a. (FTE £20,103 - £21,591 p.a.)
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, dynamic person to help our pupils at lunchtime.
Daily duties will include arranging games and supervising playing, transitions between rooms/ areas of the playground, helping children to become self-sufficient diners by encouraging/ helping to open packets, use cutlery, display good table manners, engage with others confidently and appropriately clear away after themselves etc. and to assist with any other help they may need.
Additional duties may include first aid, personal care, setting out resources and tidying away, filling water jugs, sweeping floors, mopping spillages, wiping tables, mediating small disagreements between children, reporting concerns (including safeguarding), and liaising with other staff.
You will be a key role in modelling expected behaviour and standards, have a friendly disposition, good sense of humour, an ability to engage with children at different emotional levels and committed to maintaining high standards. We are seeking to appoint someone with a positive, flexible, can-do approach to work especially when supporting the needs of children.
We can provide:
- A small family-feel atmosphere
- Well behaved and engaging children
- Friendly, motivated, dedicated and collaborative colleagues
- Supportive management
- Free access to a professional employee assistance programme (to support your wellbeing)
- Access to an onsite lunch ordering service (for before/ after your shift)
- Training for the role
- PPE and work clothing
- Pay, terms and conditions in line with national guidance and union negotiated minimum standards (including the lengthy school holidays at home)
- Occasional additional opportunities such as overtime, extra duties, training for example
- A school graded ‘good’ by ofsted
Staff agree that this is an enjoyable school to work in and we look forward to receiving your application soon. Good luck!
Please apply online.
Closing date: Thursday 17th September 2020 at 12 midday
Interviews: Friday 18th September 2020