Are you forward-thinking, dynamic mental health support worker keen to work with one of London’s leading care providers?
We are looking to recruit a Support Officer to join us at our Camden based high-needs mental health scheme. From day you will work alongside a close-knit, friendly team to provide practical and emotional support to clients with conditions such as schizophrenia, bipolar and personality disorder.
- Carry out support planning, risk assessments and reviews for identified customers
- Use SMART goal planning to provide needs led holistic support
- Create an environment that promotes opportunities for customers to develop, learn and enable skills towards independence
- Where required, administer medication & ensure appropriate records are maintained
- Support customers to develop the necessary skills to live independently, and to access training, education and work.
What we can offer you:
- 28 days annual leave
- Pensions – One Housing is a sector-leader in the contributions we make to our colleagues’ pensions.
- Buying and selling annual leave - We know that getting the balance right between work and home life is a big part of supporting our colleagues’ wellbeing.
- Paid time off to volunteer in our communities.
- Season ticket loans
- A healthcare cashback plan – allowing you to claim back cash for you and your family’s routine healthcare.
- Colleague recognition scheme – we let you know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- One Academy – our innovative, in-house learning and development offering, designed to support with your personal and professional development.
- Study leave – up to five days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Career break - after three years’ continuous service.
Skills and experience:
- Experience of working with people that have a mental health diagnosis, in a support capacity
- Knowledge of policies & procedures, including: Safeguarding, Health & Safety, Customer Care
- Must be able to commit to the early and late shifts, including every other weekend and 5 sleep-in shifts per month
One Support, part of One Housing, provide support to a wide range of people, including young people, people with mental health problems, ex-offenders, and people with substance misuse problems. We provide services to people living in our properties, and also in their own homes – not necessarily those owned by One Housing. Our services include Floating Support, Supported Housing, Mental Health services and Young People’s services.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of their background.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to excel in this position, please apply now to avoid missing out!