SO1 -£29,766 - £30,708
Enfield Museum is a nationally accredited local authority funded museum based in the Dugdale centre in the heart of Enfield Town.
We have many years of successful partnership-working and are well known for our work with community and educational groups. The largely, local and social history collections reflect the history of the borough and its people and we curate additions regularly to include new and diverse communities. We pride ourselves on a number of events which attract around 40K visitors a year to our exhibitions and activities.
Enfield Museum is seeking someone with a background in museums and an enthusiasm for culture and heritage to become our new Museum Officer. You will be the Borough’s museum professional and take full responsibility for every aspect of the museum’s work, using your energy and skills to deliver for the future Much of your time will be spent compiling and running our programme of major exhibitions and associated events and finding new ways to attract different audiences. You will also get the opportunity to work in partnership with our knowledgeable and enthusiastic residents and supportive colleagues such as our Local Studies Officer.
If you can influence and communicate with colleagues and visitors, build relationships across the board, have a strong community and customer service ethic, good organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to problem solve and generate creative solutions then we want to hear from you. If you are interested in this challenging role and believe you meet these essential criteria, we would welcome your application.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
2. your CV which includes your full work history since leaving full time education.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: Tuesday 14th July 2020 at Midnight
Interviews: To be confirmed.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Gina Mclean on 0208 0785955 or firstname.lastname@example.org