HACTON PRIMARY SCHOOL
Essex RM12 6AU
Tel: 01708 443991
Headteacher: Mrs Emily Leslie
Vacancy: Teaching Assistant- 1- 1 SEN Support
Salary: Grade 1/2 point 1 - 5. Annual Salary £14,135 - £15,181
£20,103 - £21,591 Full Time Equivalent (Inclusive of Outer London Weighting)
Hours: 30 hours per week/39 weeks per year
Required for September 2020
Initially this post is for a period of ONE YEAR on a FIXED TERM contract
Hacton Primary School is an outstanding school in all areas (OFSTED Dec. 2015). We are expanding to a 3 form entry, and currently have 580 pupils on role and will grow to nearly 650 over the next 2 years. We are a very welcoming, extremely well resourced school, with a hardworking and committed team of staff and well behaved pupils who want to learn. (For more details about our school please visit our website www.hacton.havering.sch.uk).
We are looking to appoint an experienced and high calibre Teaching Assistant to work in EYFS on a one to one basis with a child with SENs from September 2020.
We are looking to appoint someone who possesses the following skills:
- Has an NVQ 2 / 3 qualification in Primary Education and have at least Maths and Literacy GCSE
- at grade C or above.
- Has experience in working with Autistic children.
- Has experience in helping develop children’s speech and language.
- Is an excellent team player.
- Has a calm, patient personality, who is highly organised and flexible.
- Someone who has the ability to engage and motivate pupils and can differentiate learning for SENs pupils where necessary.
- An enthusiastic, highly committed and flexible individual with excellent interpersonal skills and patience.
- Someone who is committed to working as a member of a team, and also shows initiative to work independently.
Hacton Primary School will offer you:
- Enthusiastic, well-motivated pupils who are eager to learn;
- Supportive and friendly staff;
- An opportunity to join an ambitious Multi Academy Trust;
- Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development through the Empower Teaching School;
- Flexible working opportunities;
- Non-contributory access to an Employee Assistance Programme to include 24 hour telephone access to a GP, counselling service and a legal helpline; and
- Cycle to work scheme
Deadline for applications:
Please forward your completed application to Mrs D Grix, HR Business Partner, email@example.com by Wednesday 8th July 2020. Interviews will be held week commencing 13th July 2020.
Visits to the school are most welcome. Please either ring the school office (01708 – 443991) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make an appointment.
Hacton Primary School is committed to safer recruitment so all applicants must be prepared to undergo screening to confirm their suitability to work with children.
Hacton Primary School is an Equal Opportunities employer.