Access and Engagement Officer, (PO1): 1 post
Are you looking for a fresh challenge, working in a high-profile team in a fast-paced office environment?
An exciting position has become available for a self-directed and highly skilled, enthusiastic individual with outstanding knowledge of the statutory action framework relating to School attendance matters, Missing children and Elective Home Education guidance.
In addition to an awareness of truancy and child protection issues, you will have experience of working with young people and their parents within an educational setting. Your ability to manage deadlines and meet service delivery plans will be just as important as your understanding of systems and processes.
You will join a team with a strong commitment to the delivery of outstanding customer care and child-centred services, as well as an exemplary ‘can-do’ attitude.
Key responsibilities include:
- Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people.
- Undertake legal intervention based on an agreed code of practice. Provide evidence and prosecution cases for court action, attend court to give evidence on cases where parents have failed their statutory responsibility.
- Preparing applications for and preparing legal orders issued by the Court including Education Supervision Orders, School Attendance Orders, and Parenting Orders.
- Support Truancy Patrols and other appropriate collaborative action to combat truancy.
- Carryout and follow-up casework for any pupils identified as missing or missing from school, using a variety of investigative strategies including unannounced home visits.
- Contribute to Elective Home Education process to ensure that the service holds information relating to children and young people who are electively home educated on a database and that this is accurately maintained and provide information and advice to these families.
You will be flexible and hardworking, committed to safeguarding children and have the initiative and skills to work well under pressure. The ability to manage your own time and workload effectively is essential.
Closing date: Sunday 19 July 2020 at 23.59
Interview date: Thursday 30 and Friday 31 July 2020