School Business Manager
Required for September 2020
Salary – PO3 – £36,166 pa - £39,050 pa (actual salary)
Full time 36 hours per week, 43 weeks per annum
St John XXIII is a 2 form entry Catholic Primary School near White City underground station on the central line. The school is looking to appoint a School Business Manager who is able to build on the strengths of the school and also to make the SBM role their own so as to add value to the school’s successes.
- Have strategic leadership and management experience of areas including finance, premises and facilities management ideally in an educational environment.
- Have effective communication, negotiating and influencing skills including the ability to present written and verbal information to a variety of audiences
- Be an effective team member willing to undertake a range of duties and help shape the SBM role
- Be able to motivate and inspire us with ideas to improve the school, make savings and conscious of value for money
The successful candidate will also:
- Have the qualification for School Business Management or a willingness to undertake the training
- Have excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Be confident using a range of computer software including Microsoft, Google and school management systems such as SIMS and FMS
- Be able to use their own initiative
- Manage their own workload and prioritise deadlines
We can offer you
- A strong, supportive senior leadership team
- A welcoming, friendly and talented staff team and supportive and active Governing Body
- Happy, responsive, well-behaved children who enjoy learning
- A school which focusses on the development of the whole child both academically and pastorally
- Excellent professional development opportunities to help you in supporting outstanding teaching and learning
- Excellent resources including a Music room, PPA Area, specialist teachers in Music and PE and a large range of resources
- A blank canvas for you to further enrich and develop the children’s experience of St John XXIII Catholic Primary School
Closing Date: 9am on Monday 6th July 2020
Interviews: Thursday 9th July 2020
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by email.
St John XXIII School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service certificate will be requested for the successful candidate in accordance with Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education legislation.