Bright Start Islington Early Years Apprentice
Islington Council offers a wide range of high quality apprenticeship pathways and Bright Start Islington (East and West locality) are offering an exciting apprenticeship opportunity that combines working in a great job, comprehensive training and development opportunities and a competitive salary.
Our Bright Start Early Years Apprenticeship consists of a 2 year exciting opportunity working within Bright Start Islington, where you will help to ensure every child has the best start in life. Alongside your work, you will study to achieve a Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification. There are 2 roles available and the successful applicants will work across Children’s Centres located within their designated areas.
The Job - Working as a Bright Start Early Years Apprentice you will:
- Provide stimulating learning activities across all areas of the Early Years curriculum for parents and children from birth to five years;
- Assist in observation and assessment of children’s progress, evaluating provision to ensure it is of a high quality;
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe environment for children and parents, ensuring the cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment;
- Work as part of a team, supporting the early childhood practitioners;
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times;
- Take part in delivering an integrated service alongside other professionals working with some of the councils most vulnerable families;
- Build strong relationships with your own team, parents and other specialists;
- Build on your existing communication skills, gain invaluable experience and build your self-confidence through your day-to-day workplace activities;
Training and Development – Within your role you will:
- Complete a level 3 Early Years Educator qualification funded by the Council. This will involve attendance at a college and/or completing tasks and observations in the workplace;
- Join the Apprenticeship personal and professional development programme that will involve a series of varied development activities and events throughout your year with the Council.
Working in Islington Council
We appreciate and value our employees and recognise the importance of a motivated and supported workforce. We will support your development through the activities mentioned above and through the ongoing support of your manager and a mentoring programme. In addition to the competitive salary and excellent annual leave package the organisation offers a wide range of benefits such as; discounted gym memberships and cycle schemes, discounted theatre tickets and local discounts from restaurants and shops.
After you have successfully completed your apprenticeship you will have gained valuable workplace experience and attained a professional qualification which will improve your chances of finding work either within Bright Start, Children’s Centre nurseries or with another employer or help you move on to a higher level apprenticeship elsewhere. You will have networked across the service and be aware of the internal job market during your time with us and we will provide support on your approach to the wider job market as part of your development programme.
This apprenticeship is ideal for people who have excellent communication skills, a ‘can-do’ attitude and are passionate about children’s wellbeing.
To apply for this apprenticeship, you must be:
- aged 16 or above and
- unemployed (or working no more than 16 hours)
- and Islington resident or Islington care leaver or a former Islington secondary school student within the last 12 months.
- You must not currently be qualified in Early Years Educator at level 3 or above.
Bright Start recognises that fathers play an vital role in early years and male applications are encouraged as they are unrepresented in the workforce, however, all applications will be considered and appointments made on merit.
Closing Date: 5 July 2020 at 23;59
Training provider Assessment Date: July 2020 (TBC)
Interview Date: week commencing 3 August 2020
Apprenticeship Start Date: September 2020
Please note: Due to COVID-19 the above assessment and interview dates may be subject to change