Every Child Clarinet Tutors (sessional)
Every Child Instrumental Tutor (Sessional)
Every Child achieving their potential delivers instrumental music tuition to children in Newham schools in year groups 3, 4 , 5 and 6 . It is a mass participation programme working in partnership across 63 primary schools in the East London borough.
The majority of our teaching is in small groups with one Tutor to four children but we also deliver a “whole class teaching model ” in some schools where a full class of children are taught together by several Tutors.
This is part time work and weekly hours will vary. Pay rate will be between £20 and £25 per hour, including holiday supplement, depending on qualifications and experience
- Grade 6 or above in Flute, Clarinet, Violin, Viola, Trumpet, Trombone, Guitar and Keyboard or equivalentor ABRSM Instrumental Teaching Certificate or a music teaching qualification
- The ability to teach one of the following additional instruments offered by Every Child alongside those listed above would be useful but not essential: Cello, Clarinet, Flute, Trumpet, Trombone, Violin, Viola, Keyboard, Guitar
- If successful after interview an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring check needs to be completed
- Experience of instrumental teaching to young people
- The ability to assess students work
- Knowledge of repertoire for students at different stages of development
- Experience of teaching children to play an instrument – preferably in groups
For an informal discussion about these roles please contact Rashvinder Dhaliwal or Deborah Lynskey, Every Child Project and Delivery Officers on 0203 373 1331.