Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Children’s Centre Lead, based in East Acton. You will join us on a full time, fixed term contract for 12 months in return you will receive a competitive salary of £32,000 - £37,000 per annum.
The Children’s Centre Lead will be responsible for the Children’s Centre at Old Oak. We’re looking for a person with management experience within a children’s centre who can successfully plan and deliver our ‘in house’ offer and work creatively with external partners to ensure we host a wide range of services that meet the needs of local families. The postholder will lead a small team of three, as well as carrying out direct work with families as needed.
Responsibilities of our Children’s Centre Lead include:
- Effectively manage and support Children’s Centre staff to achieve their objectives and the performance targets for the Children’s Centre as a whole.
- Ensure best practice in the recruitment, supervision and support of all Children’s Centre volunteers.
- Ensure we provide (either through direct delivery, or hosted services) a high quality universal offer to families in the Old Oak reach area, with a particular focus on families with children under 5 and those children at greatest risk of poor outcomes.
- Ensure sessions are planned and evaluated in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Analyse available data to ensure that Children’s Centre resources are targeted to provide evidence-based services to families with Level 2 needs.
- Ensure we signpost and refer families onto other provision within the Centre where additional support and information is beneficial.
- Where families have more complex needs at Level 2 or above, make high quality and timely referrals for family support to the LBHF Family Support team.
- Monitor the Children’s Centre budget and work with the Centre Manager to ensure effective use of resources.
- Be responsible for the regular handling, processing and storage of confidential information relating to the service in line with Data Protection legislation.
What we’re looking for in our Children’s Centre Lead:
Education, qualifications and training
- An early years qualification at level 4 or above
- Safeguarding qualification at level 3 or above
- Experience of managing a Children’s Centre
- A track record of effective staff management
- A commitment to best outcomes for children and families and implementing evidence-based practice
- The ability to build effective working relationships with a wide range of agencies and individuals (including parents and children)
- A track record of developing and maintaining effective partnerships with local authorities, health, education and the voluntary sector
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate well with both residents and professionals at all levels
- Excellent analytical skills, including the analyse data and use this to inform service planning
- IT literate with the understanding and ability to use Microsoft Office effectively
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, including the Children Act 1989 and the Childcare Act 2006 and Every Child Matters 2004
- Detailed knowledge of children’s centre requirements and Ofsted regulations
- An understanding of the legal framework associated with safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. Significant experience of effectively safeguarding children and in-depth knowledge of best practice
- Active commitment to equal opportunities, with the ability to work with culturally diverse communities and groups
Closing date: 26th February 2020
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Children’s Centre Lead, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST