The Health, SEN and Disability Brokerage Team is looking for a highly organised and motivated individual to join the team, to provide administrative, financial and contract monitoring support.
This post requires knowledge of Special Educational Needs and Learning Disability services for children and adults and awareness of the wider responsibilities of the council.
For an informal discussion, please contact Juliette Beach, Manager, Children's Placement Team (01273) 294242.
The post holder will ensure effective and efficient running of the business functions of the Care Brokerage Team and maintain accurate records and performance data to support service delivery to children and young people with SEN and disabilities and adults with learning disabilities.
Key areas of responsibility include;
Business Administration and recording
- To be the first point of contact for the team and be able to deal appropriately with all requests for information and take the necessary action.
- To co-ordinate and book team meetings, worker supervisions and any other meetings as required, including booking of rooms and equipment, conference call facilities as necessary.
- To take and produce minutes of meetings and circulate once approved.
- To process internal and external post and distribute accordingly.
- To provide support to the Duty operations of the SEN & LD Brokerage Team.
- Maintain client records with accurate and up to date information.
- Assist with the maintenance of logs and any other data sets required by the Brokerage Team with the ability to access specific data as requested
Finance and Contracts
- To ensure that providers receive prompt and accurate payment for services brokered by the team.
- To assist in the management of the ICT systems ensuring that all payments to external providers are supported by valid contracts and that payments are produced where duly authorised.
- To issue Individual Placement Agreements and ensure that these are signed, returned and held on the client file.
- to administer and record all income and / or expenditure within the team, processing cash payments, including petty cash and other financial documents where appropriate.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency's Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage applicants from a BME or White Other background as well as those who identify as disabled, LGB, male or trans as these groups are currently under-represented in our Directorate workforce.
As part of Brighton & Hove City Council's ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process, without prior notice if a suitable redeployee (internal employee at risk of redundancy) is identified.