Nursery Practitioner (Zero hours contract- Bank staff)
Post available: Nursery Practitioner- level 1,2 or 3
Salary: £10 per hour
Employer: Nurseries of St Mary’s and St Saviour’s
Contract Type: Zero Hours Contract
Contract Term: Ad hoc bank staff would be called as and when cover is needed
We are looking to recruit a team of bank staff to support in the nurseries on an ad hoc basis as and when cover is required. You would work with our babies (Aged 1-2 years) and toddlers (Aged 2-3 years). You could hold a level 1 or 2 qualification in childcare, but this is not essential. The role would be suitable for an exciting opportunity to support the Nurseries on an ad hoc basis. If successful, you would be on a zero hours contract and would be contacted to see if you are available to cover hours as and when needed.
- Provide the children with a safe, secure and home like environment
- Have a working knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Operate a key person system and liaise with parents, carers, and senior staff
- Plan, organise and implement a programme of activities to meet the needs of this age group and each individual child’s needs and interests
- Work as part of a highly motivated and professional team
Do you have:
- An appropriate qualification and/or recognised by the DFE as full and relevant for the EYFS.
- The commitment to provide first class childcare
- The ability to promote good practice in a professional manner
- Good organisational skills
- A caring, kind and approachable manner
- An understanding of how children develop and learn
- Good English, Mathematics and ICT skills
- The ability to work on your own initiative
We can offer:
- A welcoming Nursery
- Close links with the church and local community
- Enthusiastic, well-behaved children who are eager to learn
- Hardworking, motivated and positive colleagues
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Criminal Records Bureau. References will be taken up before interviews are offered.
Address: St Saviour’s, Verulam Avenue, Walthamstow, London, E17 8ER
Tel: 020 8520 0612
All completed applications should be returned to Alison Brown.