Building Safety Programme Manager:
Enfield Council is committed to being the safest borough in London and we are seeking an experienced programme manager to help us in our journey to ensure all our residents are safe in their homes. The role holder will provide assurance both across our existing housing stock, but also ensure that all new council homes, meet the councils design and quality standards and are not just compliant, but are safe for occupation, now and in the future.
Reporting to the Director of Residents Safety, you will have a sound knowledge of building and fire safety and a proven track record in prioritising and scoping asset improvement programmes. We are keen to talk to individuals currently working in fire safety, compliance or asset management roles, who are looking for their next opportunity and wish to step into a wider building safety role. A training and personal development plan will be put in place to support the successful candidate.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date :midnight 22nd January 2020
Interview date :TBC
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Paula Dixon on 0208 132 1044 A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419.
If you would like to know more about the role please contact Sarah Stevenson-Jones on 07742456188 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.