- Are you seeking working arrangements that enhance your work-life balance?
- Are you looking to join a high-performing team and make a significant impact?
- Are you a confident public speaker, and able to explain complex legislation simply and clearly?
If you answered yes, we want to hear from you!
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a Registration Officer to join our high-performing team and make a significant impact to service delivery and development. Based primarily at Richmond Register Office you will also work in conjunction with colleagues in Wandsworth Register Office, to support both services across the Shared Staffing Arrangement.
You will be joining a friendly, supportive and dedicated team; and will benefit from a stimulating and varied role, in a unique organisation.
Who we are:
We are responsible for the registration of births and deaths, marriage and civil partnership preliminaries, marriage and civil partnership registrations, citizenship ceremonies and other celebratory services.
We seek a highly professional, well-presented individual who can deliver a consistently high-quality service and operate in strict accordance with registration law and guidelines.
Work collaboratively to achieve the highest quality and most cost-effective service in accordance with the Council’s policies and statutory requirements.
- Perform a range of duties including registering births and deaths.
- Take marriage and civil partnership notices.
- Officiate at Citizenship ceremonies.
- Conduct marriage and civil partnership ceremonies in a variety of prestigious venues.
- With excellent interpersonal and communication skills, you must be a confident public speaker, and be able to explain complex legislation simply and clearly.
- Fully competent in ICT and an efficient administrator, you must be able to problem-solve and work on your own initiative.
- We welcome applications from candidates who have relevant experience, excellent customer service skills, with an aptitude for dealing with people at some of the most important and emotionally heightened moments in their lives.
- As part of the Shared Staffing Arrangement with Wandsworth Council you must be willing and able to work across both boroughs if required.
You will be encouraged to use the full range of your talents in this rewarding role. In return you will be fully supported in your professional development with structured training and ongoing support.
How to apply?
Please register, submit your CV and a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of this role. If you are having difficulty in applying online, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0208 871 8825 or email@example.com to see if we can offer alternative arrangements for you to apply.
Why choose us?
In return, we can offer you working arrangements that will enhance your work-life balance including a generous holiday allowance of 31 days plus bank holidays.
In addition, we offer a range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, new technology scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments. A wide range of developmental opportunities is also offered.
Indicative Recruitment Timeline:
Closing Date: Sunday 5th January 2020
Shortlisting Date: Week commencing 6th January 2020
Interview Date: Friday 17th January 2020
Please note that these dates are only indicative at this stage and could be subject to change.
The closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences, recognising that employees from a variety of backgrounds bring important and positive contributions to the Councils and can improve the way we deliver services. We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.