Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first.
About the job
We are seeking an organised, knowledgeable individual for this role of a Lead Multi-Trade/Electrical compliance Operative within the Repairs Team!
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Council's Maintenance Service team as a Lead Multi-Trade Operative, helping to deliver more than 30,000 repairs per year to Council tenants.
The role of Lead Operative will involve identifying the cause of the fault and specifying the correct remedial work, ensuring customer satisfaction and ensure that work is consistently completed to a high standard. This will include communicating with residents, ensuring that Health and Safety guidance is being adhered to, and undertaking repairs to Council buildings and properties.
This position is based at Harlington Road Depot, and involves working closely with the Electrical Qualifying Supervisor, Repairs Team Leader, the Repairs Planner and the team of Multi-Trade Operatives. This will include identifying ways to maximise efficiency and customer satisfaction, complete quality repairs first time and correctly using and safekeeping vehicles, plant, tools and materials. Responsibilities will include ensuring that the residents are happy with the repair, carrying out work safely and ensuring the effective and efficient co-ordination and delivery of day-to-day repairs. As well as ensuring that electrical works are carried out to a safe and sufficient manner.
About the person
Previous experience with working in a fast paced, Electrical compliance type role who has assisted with supervisory task in the past would be an excellent fit for this position!
You will be working with a range of contacts including Operatives, colleagues, residents, Repairs Planners, Team Leader, contractors and members of the public, so it is essential that you have excellent communication skills, to allow you to develop contacts with the organisation, and relationships with customers and colleagues.
Other important skills would include:
· Ensuring that the results of Electrical testing and inspection are recorded correctly on the appropriate certificates or reports.
· Ensuring that the business’ premises, equipment, documentation and records are available for inspection when required by NICEIC.
· Safeguarding all unused NICEIC forms of certification and reporting any loss, theft or misuse.
· time management
· resource management
· planning, organising and scheduling
· effectively prioritising workload
· teamwork and relationship building
· time management
· high standard of verbal communication
· customer care
· health and safety knowledge
· experience as a professional tradesman
You must be motivated to deliver results, and will be expected to take ownership of your personal development, while helping to deliver agreed Team Plans and PADA targets. We strive to ensure that we continuously improve our service, and we need you to support us in this.
The Lead Operative is a very important role, and we are looking for somebody who can thrive in a fast-paced, high demand environment. This role is essential to the running of the service, and you must consistently perform to a very high standard.
(Please note for this vacancy, the working hours would be 36 per work. On some occasions, you may be required to work flexibly in order to meet the needs of the service).If this is the type of career path you have been searching for, and you believe you meet our criteria (as outlined in the Person Specification), we look forward to receiving your application!
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For mid to senior level positions holiday entitlement is 33 days a year (plus bank holidays) and rise to a maximum of 36 days after 10 year's service.
- career breaks
- childcare schemes for working parents
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
Additional Information continued
Disability Confident Employer
& Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy