The following position is vacant at The Markhouse Centre- Day service for adults with Learning Disability.
Team based at 247 Markhouse Rd, Walthamstow, E17 8DW.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the following qualities at a level that is appropriate to the post being applied for:
- A good understanding of the social and care needs of adults with a learning disability based on experience of working in a health, social care, or community setting. (Transferable skills will be considered)
- Key working experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good networking and team skills.
- Effective Partnership work with a range of providers in the community.
- A committed Person-Centred approach to supporting service users to reach their full potential
- Good IT skills
Support Worker, (Full Time) Permanent.
This post is specifically to work with adults with learning disability who have complex needs and present behaviours that challenge the service. You will need to have the skills and experience of supporting people with learning disabilities in group setting as well as on a 1:1 basis to access activities based in the local community and community buildings.
This will be within an agreed programme to meet individual service user’s needs. You will also need to be able to work support service users to integrate into group settings, promote independence, dignity and respect.
You will be a good communicator and will be expected to make accurate written records of your work and service user progress as well as accessible information for easy access.