Enfield Council seeking candidates for an exciting role within the Adults Brokerage Team as a Hospital Broker
Fixed term/Secondment for 12 months.
The key function of this post to lead on the brokerage of services on behalf of residents who have specific social care needs, that are being discharged from North Middlesex, Chase Farm & Barnet Hospitals. Using expert knowledge of client groups, systems, care markets and negotiation skills to ensure that appropriate, value for money care is commissioned.
You will coordinate and lead the process of securing high quality, timely and cost-effective packages of care for eligible service users.
You will be building effective relationships with relevant professionals and key stakeholders (i.e. social work teams, patients and their families nurse assessors, homecare providers, hospital discharge teams & placement providers).
- You will ensure the care provisions comply with CQC
- You will maintain a good understanding and awareness of Enfield Council’s and policies and procedures in relation to safeguarding of vulnerable adults.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
An external candidate, including Enfield Council agency workers, would be appointed on a fixed term contract, whilst internal candidates who are Council employees, would normally be expected to take up the post on a secondment basis.
To be eligible to apply for a secondment, Enfield Council employees must have completed probation and must have discussed/agreed the proposed secondment with their line manager. Fixed term contracts may be considered where secondment is not possible.
Secondments are the temporary loan of an employee from one part of the organisation to another part of the organisation and rely on the secondee to return to their substantive position on completion of the secondment.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: Midnight 5th January 2020
Interview dates: Week Commencing 13th January 2020
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Des O'Donoghue on 020 8379 4649 or Liz Griffiths on 020 8379 2307 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Elizabeth Anastasi on 0208 132 1615 or Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org. A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.