Havering NQT Pool 2020
Each year within Havering, our primary schools recruit around 100 NQTs, with the majority of schools using the LA pool to recruit. This makes it easy for NQTs to find their perfect role with one application, leaving you time and energy to finish your training.
- 1 application form to complete
- Choose your Key Stage (you can select more than 1) (EYFS - KS1 - KS2)
- No supporting statement - just answer 3 Key Questions.
Once you have applied, you will be invited to attend an interview day on 28th January 2020 (please save the date!). You will get to meet some of our primary Headteachers and have a generic pool interview, from which, the details will be shared with schools. When a vacancy arises, Headteachers will get in touch and invite you to the school. You are not under any obligation to take a role, but this approach opens up many opportunities, without having to make multiple applications.
To apply, click on the link below and begin your application. Complete an online form with three application questions. It is advisable to answer the questions in Word and then copy and paste into the application. The questions are (all with 500-word limit):
- Briefly outline a lesson or topic that you have taught on a school placement and identify what made your teaching effective.
- Please tell us how you might differentiate a lesson to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils and ensure that all pupils have the opportunity to meet their learning objective.
- Please explain how your teaching practice will reflect your awareness and commitment to supporting pupils of all backgrounds.
About Havering Schools
There is a rich mix of foundation, community, voluntary aided schools plus academies to give the perfect opportunity for career development. Our Havering Academy of Leadership offers a range of inspirational training opportunities, enabling teachers to become outstanding practitioners. We are proud to say 97% of primary schools are good or better and we are 14th nationally for Reading, Writing & Maths at KS2.
Find out more about the Havering Academy of Leadership here:
Havering also offers a number of benefits, subject to qualifying conditions for Newly Qualified Teachers:
- July start with July and August paid, subject to headteacher discretion
- Outer London Allowance
- An excellent induction programme
Please apply online via the link below.
Closing date for applications 22nd January 2020.
Pool interviews to be held 28th January 2020.