SEN TEACHING ASSISTANT
Dalmain Primary School is a diverse and vibrant primary school in South East London with an excellent reputation for developing academic excellence alongside creativity and the arts. Our children are happy, articulate and excited about their learning, and their behaviour is outstanding.
We are looking to recruit an exceptional teaching assistant to join our passionate and committed team of practitioners. We are committed to staff professional development and there is the possibility of the successful candidate applying to train as a teacher at Dalmain.
The successful applicant will join our special educational needs (SEND) team, working with an individual child in Year 3 every morning.
Working hours are five days a week, 9am to 12 noon (15 hours per week). Please note that the post is dependent on the child remaining at the school and will cease with immediate effect if the child leaves.
Dalmain Primary School
London SE23 1AS
What we're looking for
We expect you to:
- Have at least one year’s experience of working with children who have special educational needs
- Have at least NVQ Level 3 and GCSEs grade A-C in English and Maths
- Have excellent communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate a commitment to further training
- Have a positive, energetic and enthusiastic outlook
- Have patience, understanding and empathy with children of all abilities and from all backgrounds
- Be a good team player
In return we offer:
- Strong provision for SEND pupils, who “progress well from various and, often, complex starting points” (Ofsted, May 2019)
- Opportunities for high quality professional development
- Weekly professional development meetings
- Outstanding teamwork with a commitment to the rights of children to receive an excellent education
- A well-established SEND team
- Well behaved children who are creative, who love learning and who aspire to become active citizens in society
- An outstanding and supportive Governing Body and school community
Salary details and further information
The salary is scale 3 (£22,800 - £23,211).
For further details please contact Louise De Mornay (SAO) on 020 8699 2675 or email@example.com. You can download the application pack from our website: www.dalmain.lewisham.sch.uk/contact-us/vacancies. Visits to the school are welcomed, at your convenience.
Dalmain School is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of all children and young people. The successful applicant must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Wednesday 20 November 2019. Please send completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Headteacher Erika Eisele in an envelope marked ‘Private & Confidential’.
Interviews will be held during the week commencing Monday 25 November. The successful candidate will start on Monday 6 January 2020.