Scale 2 unqualified spinal points 3-4 £16,226.70 to £16,518.76
Scale 3 qualified spinal points 5-6 £16,815.49 to £17,119.23
32.5 hours per week, term time only
REQUIRED BY: December 2019 or sooner
Selwyn Primary School is part of the Leading Learning Trust .
CEO: Emma Nicholls
Head teacher: Helen Mawer
Please visit our website for further information about Selwyn Primary School.
As a Teaching Assistant, you will:
- Support the education and welfare of pupils
- Work closely with class teachers to ensure the quality of teaching and learning is of an
outstanding quality for all learners
- Work with small groups and individuals with specific learning needs
- Enthusiasm for working with children
- Experience of working with children with special needs and/or language and communication
- A sound knowledge of the Primary school curriculum
- Is hard working, flexible and able to work as part of a team
- High standards of English and Maths
- Can offer good to outstanding practice which engages and motivates pupils
- The ability to work effectively with children to raise standards of attainment and progress
- Is committed to Selwyn’s ethos of high expectations
We can offer the right candidate: excellent CPD and professional development opportunities within a
vibrant, friendly and dedicated school community.
Closing date for applications: Monday 25th November 2019
Interviews will take place during the week commencing: Monday 2nd December 2019
Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS. Further
information about the disclosure can be found at: www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service . We are fully committed to safeguarding children.
Selwyn is a medium-sized, inclusive school for children aged 3 to 11. Our school is the sponsor of the
Leading Learning Trust . There are 510 pupils on roll including part-time nursery pupils. Selwyn is
the Newham resourced school for deaf pupils who are fully integrated into mainstream.
Visits to our school are encouraged and are most welcome.