Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. In April 2019 we moved to Hounslow House, a new landmark building located in Hounslow town centre, our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance.
About The Team
The London Borough of Hounslow has a proven track record and long-standing commitment to the delivery of affordable housing and is at the forefront of the new era of building new Council Housing. With an ambitious commitment to build 1,000 new council homes by 2022, as part of our Pledge to secure 5,000 new affordable housing, we now have the following new position:-
Housing Engagement and Promotion Officer
The post holder will be responsible for the promotion and engagement with tenants, residents and the wider Hounslow community to support the delivery of our ambitious pledge targets.
- To act as the main point of contact for community engagement across the Council housing new build programme, ensuring all projects are consulted within the time frames set out.
- To organise and lead on resident consultation events innovatively, and build a rapport with community led associations.
- Effectively promote the work and achievements of the service through electronic and non-electronic platforms.
- Understanding of London’s diverse communities and evidence of up-to-date knowledge and/or experience of best practice in community engagement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to reach a wide range of audiences.
- Competent to use a wide range of software systems such as Commonplace, CitizenSpace, GIS, Microsoft Office systems etc.
Desirable for The Role
Experience in a marketing or public relations background
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position please contact Pratima.Sood@hounslow.gov.ukor 020 8583 5345
Closing date: 4th December 2019
Interview date: w/c 16th December 2019