Head of Transactional Finance
Brent is a tremendously vibrant London borough where the iconic arch of Wembley Stadium dominates the skyline. Spanning both inner and outer London, it is a borough of huge contrasts in terms of its economic, environmental, ethnic and social make up. Brent’s diversity is evident to all who visit our borough and our long history of ethnic and cultural diversity has created a place that is truly unique and valued by those who live and work here.
The council is pursuing a far-reaching transformation agenda that better meets the needs of our community so it is an exciting time to join us.
We are recruiting to a new position, reporting directly to the Deputy Director of Finance, the Head of Transactional Services will be responsible for the overall management of the councils Accounts Payable, Income control, Payroll and Pension Admin services. The role will:
- Lead the day to day management of transaction processing teams.
- Accountable for quality control over financial.
- To develop, foster and maintain effective relationships with all relevant external stakeholders and organisations.
- To provide effective management and leadership to mentor and develop a high performing team.
- Work closely with Deputy Director of Finance on strategic planning for the function to establish a best in class model.
- Demonstrate expertise and in-depth technical capabilities in the areas of Financial operations and processes.
- Facilitate the introduction of significant strategic system innovations and improvements.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining internal controls in line with the council’s policy.
As the Head of Transactional Services you will be a strong, confident accounting professional with experience in managing managers and large teams with a proven ability to form, lead, develop and motivate high-performing teams. Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills across all levels of the organisation is a must to ensure delivery of improvements to operating processes and practices.
Closing Date: 11th November 2019 (23:00)
Assessment & Interview Date: To Be Confirmed
Brent Council values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this and therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Applications are particularly welcome from people with disabilities and LGBT (lesbian, gay, bi-sexual and transgender) applicants as they are under-represented across the council.
All organisations and individuals who work with children and young people, or are involved in providing services for them have a duty to safeguard and promote their welfare.
We are committed to safer recruitment and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Before you join Brent Council, you will need to provide your National Insurance (NI) number and undergo a Home Office Standard I.D. check.
All successful applicants will be required to apply for a ‘Basic’ DBS Disclosure.
Please note CVs will not be considered as part of your application for this position.