The Frances Bardsley Academy for Girls
An 11-18 Academy with Visual Arts Specialism
Romford Essex RM1 2RR
Headteacher: Mr J. Dutnall LLB, BA, MA
Tel: 01708 447368
Numbers on roll: 1306
ACTING HEAD OF GEOGRAPHY
Full time – Permanent
MPR/UPR+ TLR2A incl. Outer London Weighting
More maybe available for an exceptional candidate
Required for January 2020
The Frances Bardsley Academy is a thriving, oversubscribed and highly successful, comprehensive school for girls aged 11 – 18 in market town of Romford. We were again judged as good by OFSTED in 2019 and are part of the LIFE Education Trust.
LIFE is a Multi-Academy Trust, which believes that Learning Is For Everyone.
All those in our community are asked to consider our three principles: Learning from the past, Living in the present and Looking to the future. Each principle is important and is a part of every school in our Trust. Our schools retain their own values, traditions and distinctiveness but have also chosen to become part of something bigger and extremely exciting.
We believe in helping staff and students achieve their personal best and are keen to recruit the very best talent for our Trust. If you share our passion for challenging, improving and making our schools the best, we’d love to hear from you.
We seek to appoint a passionate, qualified and outstanding teacher of Geography, to join our school, where your passion and ideas will be welcomed enthusiastically. The post will suit an existing head of department or a teacher looking to develop in a leadership role. The post has become available as the current Head of Department has gained a promotion to become a senior leader.
At FBA, the students are a joy to teach and you will be part of a positive environment, with inspiring and supportive colleagues who strive for excellence.
What we can offer
- Students who are enthusiastic and keen to progress
- Excellent professional development and career opportunities
- The chance to work in a fantastic school community set in beautiful grounds
- Highly experienced and forward thinking department who will fully support you in your role
- The freedom to innovate and inspire both students and colleagues
What you can offer
- Enthusiasm and passion for Geography
- Commitment to raising standards across all key stages
- Ability to deliver high quality, innovative and exciting lessons
- Ability to plan effectively for high quality teaching, learning and assessment
- Ability to motivate and inspire both students and teachers
- Organisation and efficiency
- A sense of humour
Please submit a copy of the school’s application form, which can be found on our website, together with a letter of application and supporting paperwork, to Julian Dutnall, Executive Headteacher by 9am Monday 28th October 2019.
Interviews will be held promptly during w/c 28th October. The School reserves the right to interview prior to the deadline date.
To find out why we are so proud of Frances Bardsley Academy, visit our website: http://www.fbaok.co.uk/or check us out on Twitter.
The Frances Bardsley Academy is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS.